20 Hysterical Valentine's Day Design Fails That Don't Exactly Scream, "I Love You"
In recent years, Valentine's Day has been a pretty divisive topic, especially in the lead up to the romantic holiday. Rest assured, there will be all kinds of social media posts and memes both bigging up February 14 and those more cynical ones that slate it for commercialising and capitalising on all things love and romance. It's just one of those things that you either love or you hate, which, in this age of avid social media use, is sort of to be expected.
So if you happen to be one of those people who absolutely hates Valentine's Day and all it stands for, then you've come to the right place. And that's because the following Valentine's Day gifts, adverts, and merchandise have unintentionally slaughtered it to its very core.
1. Nothing says Valentine's Day like an excited bear mug...
Is this supposed to be a joke?
2. Really?! The makers of this ad never noticed who they used as the "couple" in it?!
You had one job...
3. Just keeping looking at the pug
4. "Love yourfelf"? I don't need to be told twice.
In a time of numerous online scams, you'd think a bit more effort would be made in trying to appear legitimate.
5. "I LOVE YOU TO THE AND MOON BACK"
Awww! I love you to the and moon back too!
6. I'd be nuttin' without you!
Okay, so not exactly the message you want to be sending your other half...
7. Oh yeaaaah, I'm sure they'd love it...
It's not insulting in the slightest.
8. Erm, who thought it would be a good idea to put "sudden sleep" pills in the Valentine's aisle?!
It's just a bit, erm, date-rapey.
9. I don't think your girl wants that kind of meat...
If you know what I'm saying...
10. Erm, were they intentionally being dirty or?
This is awkward...
11. I'm sure plenty of people get crabs for Valentine's Day but never intentionally
How did no one realise this was a bit off?
12. So this heart-shaped headphone splitter is, uh, interesting
I'll let your imagination run wild as to what it resembles.
13. "I sloth you" or "I death you"?
It can be read either way...
14. "Love is a dong that never ends"
Almost as romantic as describing love as a "song that never ends".
15. Because what better way is there to show someone you love them than by filing for divorce
Everyone should try it!
16. Erm, really? Is that the dictionary definition of a girlfriend?
A very bizarre choice of words, I have to say.
17. Oh please, tell me this was done in the name of irony
Tell me, no one actually thought this would be a good idea.
18. "Share the love with your dad" and Durex don't exactly go hand in hand
Not one of their best ideas...
19. Knock yourself out, ladies
Ain't nothing more ideal than cucumbers on the most loved up day of the year.
20. Cheaters, pay attention
Jesus, what kind of world do we live in?
If this has shown us anything it's that Valentine's Day is the most hilarious thing ever. Lovey-dovey but totally hysterical.