Professional Artists Bringing Children's Drawings Of Monsters To Life For Heartwarming Project
One of the most wonderful things about kids is that vivid imagination of theirs. Everything is possible in their little heads, which is why they often think they can get away with telling the most blatantly fabricated tales to their parents or guardians.
Now, aside from their tendency to tell fibs, allowing them to develop their creativity is always a plus. And in order to do just this, artists from all over the world have decided to get on board with "The Monster Project". The project has now been running for four years and centers around elementary students drawing monsters to the best of their abilities.
Once the drawings are complete, the artists then go about bringing these "monsters" to life. In doing so, the aim is that the children will be able to recognize the power of their own imagination and that this will perhaps encourage them to pursue their creative potential.
1. How is this monster both adorable and terrifying at the same time?
It just goes to show what talent can achieve...
2. It's so colorful you'd never believe it featured an actual monster
Aren't monsters supposed to be intimidating and sinister?
3. Aww, they even gave him a little purple hat!
And a green trench coat... what a combo!
4. Oh wow, now that's a true monster. Am I right?
That's quite a set of teeth he's got on him!
5. They're the most monstrous cats I've ever seen
And they live on an undiscovered purple planet called Purpletopia.
6. This monster cat is hugely accomplished and talented like any good monster should be
Unfortunately, the monster cat doesn't see it that way - look at those tears streaming down its face.
7. Part-time monster, part-time astronaut
This monster is by no means a one-trick pony.
8. Don't you just want to rub its fuzzy green belly
It's absolutely adorable - like a little Furby, only cuter. Much cuter.
9. Is this the actual flying spaghetti monster?
And is that fork basically a trident?
10. Aww, look at those sad little eyes?
It is really a monster or a defenseless, little creature?
11. What's better than a pumpkin, you ask?
Simple: one pumpkin stacked on top of another to create one terrifying fire-breathing monster.
12. It's like three creatures in one: dog, unicorn, and dragon
As far as both adorable and terrifying creatures go, this one's definitely onto a winner.
13. Oh gosh, look at those eyes!
This one's definitely won the scary contest!
So there you have it: with modern technology, you can recreate pretty much anything which these children and artists have demonstrated perfectly.